Plustek OpticBook 3800
- Lets you scan a book page to the edge of the spine
- Software eliminates distortion and shadow artifacts, and lets you automatically rotate facing pages
- Also scans documents and photos
- Mediocre scan quality
- Lacks an automatic document feeder (ADF)
- Can't scan pages larger than A4 size
The Plustek OpticBook 3800 lets you easily scan books or other bound material, minimizing distortion and shadow artifacts,though its scan quality wasn't particularly impressive.
No gradeScanning Brought To Book : Plustek OpticBook 3800 Professional Book Scanner
Although an ordinary flat-bed scanner handles individual documents and photos without any difficulty, there are problems when one needs to scan pages in a book or any other bound material. This is because the spine prevents the pages being held flat on the scanners platen and so you get a very distorted portion of the image. With its OpticBook 3800, Plustek has produced an effective solution to this problem in a machine which does not take up too much desk space and is ideal for the serious student, library or SoHo worker.